turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 SPS-T 20ga

Started by 3toe, April 05, 2013, 09:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3toe

In search of.   I missed the boat on one of these sweet little gems a couple years ago.  Now I am back on the hunt if anyone has one or runs across one in a shop.   

Not the best time of year to look I know, but hey, gives me something to do between hunts. 

01Foreman400

I missed one the other day.  Don't see them around much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

remmy1187

They are sweet, I wanted one a handful of years ago and didnt buy it, looking back I could kick myself.  Good luck in finding one.

ahfox16

I had one and sent it to Briley to have the forcing cones lengthened and it never shot the same after that.  I sold it and the fellow who bought it finally found the right choke to make it work.  Was a really nice gun.  I'd love to have another one for sure.  Can't figure out why Remington discontinued them because they sold like hot cakes.

Cthornt3

I currently have one and am having trouble getting the thing to shoot very well. I have a ton of fhw 7's so I'm trying to find a choke that it likes. Ahfox16 do you have any idea what choke and shell combo that guy finally found that works? I've tried ic, truglo, Carlson, and hs undertaker and the best in getting is 115 in a 10" at 40. Anyone else who has ideas would be greatly appreciated!

ahfox16

What shot the best out of mine was a Pure Gold Ported in .570.  I was getting circa 120 hits with Hevi-13 in size 6 (this was before the 7's came out).  The Remington Super Full was a close second.  Also, a shell that delivered 80 hits in a 10" circle with that choke was Winchester size 4's (yes 4's).  It made an easy 35 yard lead gun with 4's for sure.

ncturkey

What exit diameter of IC choke did you try. I have 870 youth 20 gauge with a 21" barrel like your SPS-T. I am getting avg. of 148 with a IC .562 with Hevi 13 1 1 1/4 oz. #7 loads.
Quote from: Cthornt3 on April 07, 2013, 03:27:18 PM
I currently have one and am having trouble getting the thing to shoot very well. I have a ton of fhw 7's so I'm trying to find a choke that it likes. Ahfox16 do you have any idea what choke and shell combo that guy finally found that works? I've tried ic, truglo, Carlson, and hs undertaker and the best in getting is 115 in a 10" at 40. Anyone else who has ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Cthornt3

Yea mine is a .555 constriction. Probably way to tight. You don't happen to know if they will swap chokes do you?