turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any Ohio Gobbling?

Started by darron, April 01, 2013, 09:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

Heading down Saturday to scout a little. Curious if anyone else is hearing birds in the SE part of the state?

870FaceLift

I don't know about SE Ohio, but S-SW is Ohio is still quiet.  Hopefully this nicer weather will start to break them up and entice some action for the opener in a few weeks.
Pass it on...

darron

Just got a call from my buddy who said he heard 2 this morning at 9am hammering. SW Ohio. Same spot where we shot one at last year.

the Ward

Haven't heard any here in ne ohio yet.Might be a good thing though,don't want em starting to far out from season!Good luck this year!

870FaceLift

Stunningly beautiful pink/purple sunrise this AM at my place.  I heard a gobbler sound off twice while I was out feeding.  He had to still be on the limb.  Though I couldn't see him because he was a good ways back, I know exactly what tree he was in - they're always there starting in April.  I'm thinking this season will be right on time, so to speak.  I need to check my trail cams this weekend, but they've still been in large groups.  Getting anxious here!
Pass it on...

Buckeye_Strutter_935

they were really fired up this evening in powhatan point....i heard for different birds
Feathers Fear Me

NBTOUTDOORS

Been Hearing birds for the last 3 weeks in the Ceasars Creek Area. Come on Monday!!!

Limbstrutter

Just got back from getting my permission slip signed and the filed was full of Toms and the farmer said the birds have been gobbling about every morning.  Hope they keep it up till season.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

darron

Good deal...seeing a few ourselves

Bigspurs68

Not far from ya Buckeye Strutter, heard a few the other day myself.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

870FaceLift

I was out planting clover yesterday in the early afternoon and there were 3 different toms gobbling at everything.  I never saw them because there is about 200 yards of woods between the field they were in and the one I was in, but they sure were going off.  Everytime a loud truck would go down the road, they'd all sound off.  Pretty cool and got me fired up!
Pass it on...

nate829

I went out scouting this morning before work and I had one gobble once on the roost in Warren County just outside Lebanon. Less than three weeks to go!!!