Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Benelli SBE I, Kicks GT 665, 3.5 Mag Blends, 40 yrds 193

Started by rcota8, March 31, 2013, 10:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaightlabs

That'll do it.  But I think I'd want to pull that down a few inches...

rcota8

Agreed... Had to shim up the back site and raise the comb. I was shooting about 10 inches low. My shoulder couldn't take any more punishment today. Those shells will thump you good!

rcota8

Just a thought, I have a Kicks 655 also. Do you all think its worth trying it?

ILIKEHEVI-13

That will hunt.  I would say your .665 will shoot better than the .655 by a littel bit. 

I would also bet money that if you were to get your hands on a good .670 turkey choke like the Haymaker that pattern would only get better. 

Ask VaTurkey how his Haymaker shot in his Benelli. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's why I said what I said.  Ricky don't lie.  That pattern he shot is awesome.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,33618.0.html

That choke will shoot 3.5" 7's even better.  A lot better.   :funnyturkey:

rcota8

Thanks for the advice.. I will definitely look into that. May need to stick with what i have for now.$$$$

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: rcota8 on April 01, 2013, 10:51:07 PM
Thanks for the advice.. I will definitely look into that. May need to stick with what i have for now.$$$$

I can understand that.  Just passing out the info if you want to use it eventually.  That choke may be one of the best chokes on the market. 

I just bought one for my 870. But I have't been able to shoot it yet. 

rcota8

Thank you, after looking at the pattern I might just squeeze out a few more dollars for the Haymaker. Big difference. Thanks again.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: rcota8 on April 01, 2013, 11:04:36 PM
Thank you, after looking at the pattern I might just squeeze out a few more dollars for the Haymaker. Big difference. Thanks again.

Yes it is.  And I have no doubt whatsoever you will see a big difference in your barrel with that choke as well.  I'm not a big fan of the old myth that every barrel is different.  That's like saying every choke is different - that if you take 10 chokes of the exact same model, brand, and constriction that one will do a little better than all the rest, but all typically will shoot just about the same.  The same thing will go pretty much for shotgun barrels of the same make.  I have seen a choke that shoots very well in one 870 28" barrel I had and that same choke would shoot very well in my other shorter 21" barrel 870.  I can take that exact same choke and put it in a buddy's 870 28" barrel and get just as good of patterns typically with the exact same loads.