turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

VA Gobbling Report

Started by forcercon1, March 27, 2013, 10:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard11

My buddy went on down on tuesday, got down there to his parents at 10:30, walked over the hill struck a gobbler at 10:45 said he came running in strutting and gobbling the whole way and he was on the ground by 11. Easy hunt, just the way we like it!!  He went back out yesterday morning before the rain came in and heard at least 10 maybe more on the roost where we will be hunting tomorrow and saturday, said woods are torn up with sign.  VA bound as soon as the clock hits 4:30 today and I cant wait!

forcercon1

I had a friend hunting with me for the past couple of days. In my area of S.E. VA the birds did not gobble well on Monday because of the rain, however we were able to get 1.

Tuesday the birds gobbled great and we were able to get a 2nd bird. 

Wed. the birds gobbled very  little and we were not able to get anything to come in. I'm still seeing single & double hens and gobblers alone of with 1-2 hens.

longbeard11

Birds in VA were tough on us. Really whipped our butt, weather really didnt help, rain the first day and a 40 degree temp drop the second day. Heard alot of gobbling but I think they were just gobbling to hear themselves.  Just about every bird had hens with them and wouldnt answer a turkey call at all. We could get them to shock gobble at a crow and that was about it.  We watched a strutter in a field with a hen for a long time, actually filmed him mount and mate her which was pretty cool.  We went home empty handed though. 

Wingboneman

been everday, plane to hunt rest of the season.  Have heard birds and called one in and he seen me move reaching for a call, he never gobbled but one time in two hours. Birds gobble good first 2o min then nothing. Never thought I would go this long with out killing one yet. but doing a lot of walking and got to just keep after them I would say.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Heard gobbling 1 out of 4 mornings this week.  It has been excruciating to continue to get up with conditions as they are.

wvboy

It has been really tough since opening week for me.. like others .. quiet once the hit the ground.. I went late yesterday at 9:00 AM and got two fired up but they wouldn't budge.. moved on them twice and had them at 80 yds once but still wouldn't come .. moved again and I guess they saw me ..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads