OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Southwest Alabama

Started by R AJ, March 27, 2013, 09:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Maybe so.  It's cloudy & dreary up here; not what you would want as an ideal gobbling morning, but - you never know.  I know there are birds on my Dad's place; gobbling or not, we've got the drop on 'em; hopefully can call up one for my daughter and/or bro's step-son next weekend.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

ericjames

It was bad foggy this morning.

J Hook Max

Fog was bad here in Monroe County. Heard one bird gobble one time. 

bamagtrdude

Well, I've got my 12 y.o. daughter convinced to go hunting w/me on Sunday morning; she's been watching some videos of some hunts, and kinda got excited about it...  We'll be in S.E. Alabama, so hoping that we get a good one to come to us so she can bag her first bird!  :)
---

J Hook Max

Looks like we will have good weather. I'm taking my 12 year old Granddaughter.

bamagtrdude

J Hook Max - good luck, man!!
---

J Hook Max

ericjames

Good luck to both of y'all.

bamagtrdude

Thx man - hey, when are you gonna get your son out??  He's about ready to go, right???  ;)
---

contagious

I will be in the woods Sat. morning with my 10 year old grandson,in pine hill area.!!

bamagtrdude

Go get 'em contagious!!  :)  That's cool!

REALLY happy to see all the grandfather's on here, passing the tradition down; that's awesome!
---

ericjames

He is ready, I am going to take him but he will have his plastic gun. I am just going to listen mainly. .

bamagtrdude

Quote from: ericjames on March 05, 2014, 04:06:43 PM
He is ready, I am going to take him but he will have his plastic gun. I am just going to listen mainly. .

Ha - that's cool!!  My brother got my little 3 y.o. nephew a toy shotgun, and he was outside when we were skinning a deer this past season; we had the deer head on the tailgate, & its tongue was hanging out (you know how they do) - and I was telling him, "Man, shoot that thing - he's making fun of you, stickin' his tongue out at'cha!"  - so he'd rear back & BLAST IT!!!  hahahaha...
---

ericjames

They are something else.. My mother got my son one of those truck/ATV sets from bass pro at Christmas. Well the set had a little man and some deer aslo. He had a plastic knife and came up to me one night wanting to skin the deer. I got a picture of it somewhere.

ericjames

This is where he brought them to me and he state cleaning them. After he got finished cleaning them he took them over to his momma and told her to eat.