turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey and Turkey Hunting Magazine

Started by turkaholic, March 24, 2013, 07:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkaholic

Does anyone know if it is true that T&TH is going under? I have been a subscriber since the beginning and that can't be. What's up with that?
live to hunt hunt to live

tomstopper

True. Spring issue is the last mag to be printed. :( :(

Gamblinman

They did it to themselves..continually sending out renewal notices when your subscription was up to date...burned a lot folks that way.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Old Gobbler

It was a good magazine , but a sign of the times . I hear they may do a once a year spring run , but we will see about that -- Maintaining a year long monthly publication when the sport is so seasonal proved to be financially unfeasible . I think they were sporting a circulation of about 30,000 -40,000 copies per month but many of those may have sat on the racks at places like walmart etc... Magazines are great but I guess I am biased towards specialized internet social sites (old gobbler) many of the product features in any of these publications seem to be dull and biased compared to a in depth comparison and evaluation from a good forum board member - In a Magazine its a one way means of communication , on a forum its thousands of people cominicating and sharing valued information --as a example....there is a thread in the shotguns forum right now with a member with a stuck choke in his barrel , several members helped out - try and see is a publication can help you in that manner - Not knocking publications , but I feel the innovation of the internet is pushing magazines the way of the telegraph --   

The people who are screwed will be the small businesses and outfitters that advertised in the magazine . There has been a long , long slow decline in the ability of small and mid size companies to be able to market items , what this will do is greatly diminish their way of selling product . Many of the advertisers will shift over to Turkey Country magazine -- now the only turkey hunting publication in existence

Again , if you don't have a huge syndicated TV show with celebrities blabbering infomercials , and  plugging stuff you are starting to feel the pinch , and will even more now -  I will miss Turkey and Turkey Hunting --Shannon     
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon