turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Homigo Negro Yelper

Started by eman375, March 23, 2013, 12:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eman375

Got a new call yesterday.  A sweet little trumpet of homigro negro made by Austy from right here on Old Gobbler.  I found the call advertised in the turkey call classifieds (for a pic, go to the classifieds) and let me tell you guys, this is an awesome little caller.  Small in size but versatile as all get out.  Austy was great to work with and was prompt in his communication.  He is another example of one of the good guys in our sport.  He shipped the call right away in order to give me time to practice for the upcoming season here in Idaho.  I'm not very good on a trumpet but I love the way they look, and the work and craftmanship that goes into them is a true craft and this call is an exceptional example. I have several other trumpets and never could get all the potential out of any of them.  Not because of any problem with the calls but my lack of expertise.  This call is really easy to run and has made me a better caller.  It's the first trumpet I've ever been able to get a kee-kee run call from.  I'm telling you, it's a good 'un.  I'm sure a lot of you Old Gobbler folks already know this but for those of you that don't know about Austy, find out who he is and hook up with him if you want a super sharp, great sounding, easy to run trumpet.  Oh, and if you don't like his calls, give me a shout.  I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands!  Happy huntin'!