OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I wonder how these can handle the federal heavyweight 7s?

Started by Arra, March 21, 2013, 10:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arra

I'm sure I will run across a few in the next week or so....(click on pick)

redarrow

Them little ones are making me hungry. I would love to hunt them rascals someday.

30_06

I shot one in the face at about 10 feet with Hevi-13 2oz #6's seems about 4-5 years ago (the years are starting to blend). Little bugger jumped up and ran off screaming. Had to track it down, ended up shooting it again at about the same distance behind the ear. Little piggy rolled all the way down the mountain, weighed about 45lbs. Tough little buggers.

Clif Owen

Red..you need to give me a call and load up and come here someday...I have a bunch on my lease. No closed season.... etc.

Arra

Quote from: redarrow on March 21, 2013, 10:27:06 PM
Them little ones are making me hungry. I would love to hunt them rascals someday.

We are over run here in parts of Georgia....They seem fun in the beginning...Then they take over and run the turkey and deer all over the place. They eat everything in site and most of the time they are completly nocturnal and hard to kill without dogs....Ive killed 1 with a bow, 1 one a rifle and trapped about 30 of them in a homemade trap that I made. They are great table fare though!

Gamblinman

Why I carry a couple of #4 buckshot with me.

Nothing like some fresh pig to make some breakfast sausage with.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

gob09

I think they have them in east tn I sure hope they doneare it here to coffee county we don't want anything else messing with our turkey

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

hoyt

This little sow didn't handle a load of no. 6's too well. Although she wasn't but about one long step from me when I shot her behind the ear.

So, I'd say, most likely, those smaller ones wouldn't fare to well if they was close enough that the pattern hadn't opened up. Alhough I've shot a couple of big hogs many years ago in the side of the head with buckshot, fairly close and it just spun them around and they ran off.

tomstopper

Quote from: redarrow on March 21, 2013, 10:27:06 PM
x2. My wife's uncle lives in Georgia and for the last year now was going to see if any of the landowners would mind if a New York country boy came down to help him with these problematic buggers. I am going to have to call him, hes getting old & probably forgot. They are some good eating.... Hmmmmmmm......

redarrow

Quote from: Clif Owen on March 21, 2013, 10:33:46 PM
Red..you need to give me a call and load up and come here someday...I have a bunch on my lease. No closed season.... etc.

If I can ever get my finances straightened out I would love to do that. Where do you live ?