OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need Honest Advice!

Started by socalturkeyman, March 06, 2011, 07:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalturkeyman

Okay here it is: I just found a piece of land thats in between private lands. Now when I went into the area I didnt see any boot prints but I think thats due to so many citations from ppl and Gw confused on land boundrys.

Now as for turkey sign, all I was able to find was old scratching no tracks and no feathers or scat. But I think that could have been from the recent snow that just melted. Now I think there is birds in the area since both of the private lands on the west and east of the public land have birds on them. What are the chances that these birds will move into or move through the land that I found?

I was there a bit late in the day so I didnt get to sit and listen for birds. But the flock on the private to the west was about 1/2 miles away and the one to the east is about 1 1/2 miles away.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

drum817

The flocks will bust up in Spring time.....in my opinion it would DEFINANTLY be worth going over there and giving it a try.....just be sure to know your property lines  :anim_25:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

OLE RASPY

Quote from: drum817 on March 06, 2011, 08:06:27 PM
The flocks will bust up in Spring time.....in my opinion it would DEFINANTLY be worth going over there and giving it a try.....just be sure to know your property lines  :anim_25:
x2

Gobble!

Quote from: OLE RASPY on March 06, 2011, 08:09:34 PM
x2

x3

socalturkeyman

Thanks guys. Im gonna have to be in sneak mode to get into the area since there is tons of dry oak leaves in there. Hope it works out for me.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

hookedspur

Quote from: Gobble! on March 06, 2011, 08:59:08 PM
Quote from: OLE RASPY on March 06, 2011, 08:09:34 PM
x2

x3
:agreed: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hootowl

Dont Hunt it if they are not ready Check there Temp, a few days before season, might take a week or later for them to be there?

Good Luck
   Hoot

Skeeterbait

I have killed several birds on property that no self respecting turkey would want, but bordered good turkey land.  Either I called them off the other land or caught them roosting on my side some mornings.  A turkey is going to roost where ever nightfall finds him.  If it is the only game in town play it.

TrackeySauresRex

X-4
I've called em in from a 1/2 mile away.
:anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."