OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A thankyou to Guesswho & others here on our board...

Started by kevin2, March 21, 2013, 01:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin2

I just wanted to thank all of you that have helped me out getting prepared for our first Turkey season here in Michigan. There have been dozens of very helpful messages on my threads posted, as well as several private messages that have been sent to me to also futher help us out with information.

I was also greeted by one of our members in a private message last week, Ronnie board name "guesswho", that offered to send me one of his extra peices of equipment to get us started out on the right track this season. It was a custom Turkey Sling, it arrived today AND it is pretty sweet. I'll be sure to pay that gesture forward to one of our members here on OldGobbler.

Thanks again all...

OK, back to preparing for the season! Be sure to visit one of my many threads asking for help!

Kevin Campbell
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

TauntoHawk

the close community feel of this forum can't be found anywhere else, Ive recieved similar helpful messages down to actually GPS cordinates for an out of state hunt on a good area.

The call makers are great people to talk to and learn from as well if you ever get a chance to get some of them on the phone for a little.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gooserbat

Yeah we kinda stick together, like family only better, we don't have crazy in-laws...We are the crazy in-laws. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

kevin2

Oh, I failed to mention, Gooserbat sent me an extra diaphragm call with my recent order as well. I was just giving it a run as I read his response. Thanks again...

Kevin

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 21, 2013, 01:41:06 PM
Yeah we kinda stick together, like family only better, we don't have crazy in-laws...We are the crazy in-laws. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Ded Goblr

guesswho

Your welcome.   I hope you get to use it real soon.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Gooserbat

Quote from: kevin2 on March 21, 2013, 01:51:09 PM
Oh, I failed to mention, Gooserbat sent me an extra diaphragm call with my recent order as well. I was just giving it a run as I read his response. Thanks again...

Kevin

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 21, 2013, 01:41:06 PM

Your more than Welcome.   Keep us informed, best of luck this season, and hunt safe.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

FireDoc

Where are you located, and what are do you plan on hunting?

Our locations are probably pretty darn close, and I might be able to help you out as well.

Drop me a PM if that works better for you as well.

Good luck this Spring!  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF