OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Super Elite™ Hybrid Turkey Vest-Zipper off sleeves-USERS input needed...

Started by kevin2, March 20, 2013, 06:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin2

Super Elite™ Hybrid Turkey Vest-with zipper OFF sleeves

I can't find any vests in my size around here, but I found this one in my size online. Just wondering if it is vended enough in the vest area to stay cool on those HOTTER days in May. As it appears to be solid thick material top to bottom. Is that the case OR is it plenty airy? I can't seem to get any good info on that topic in the reviews online.

Also, I'm thinking M/L for my size, I'm 5'10" 185-190lbs, what do you think?

Any other info on the vest would be great too...
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

redleg06

I used to get a little warm in mine so I got one of the smaller/cooler ol Tom vest.

I get hot easily though...

kevin2

That is what I was afraid of, as it looked warmer, even with the arms off. That helps out alot.

Anyone else have similar OR different experience??

Quote from: redleg06 on March 20, 2013, 10:09:27 PM
I used to get a little warm in mine so I got one of the smaller/cooler ol Tom vest.

I get hot easily though...

Fatbeard

I've used one for 10 years and would not use another vest! I just purchased another to put up. I'm on my 3rd one. I absolutely love mine
East TN Beard Buster

fsu33952

I have a super elite(not sure what version), it is  2 years old, it does get a little warm even with the sleeves out. Plenty  of pockets but it doesn't have but one vertical pocket for box callers. They run horizontal so when you put the caller in there it feels like if you are not careful you might crush the caller. The one vertical pocket it does have I think was designed for a water bottle or something. Has a weird feel. If I had it to do again, I would box all my hunting junk up and carry it to the store and put it in the vest before I shelled out a hundred bucks and then realize a year later that something is weird with my vest that I don't like.

captin_hook

I have one, its not too hot. At your size though, I'd get a xl.

jw706

Where can you find these vests? I love mine but it is several years old and starting to show some wear. I don't even remember where I got it originally.

ctwny1

Do yourself a favor. Checkout Ol Tom vests. Look them over and compair. They are in my opinion a step above everybody else.

turkeybow

I have a super elite hybrid vest and I wouldn't use any other vest.  I have had it several years and all others I have seen or looked at don't compare.  It can get a little on the hot side but I never take my sleeves off of it.  When it gets hot I just wear a thin camo shirt under it.
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

RIStrutStopper

socalturkeyman

I have one but I bought a cabelas tactical m.o.r.e. vest. I liked the super elite and I will still use it but It does get a bit warm but it sure does save you if it decides to snow.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

kevin2

Well, I bought 2. One Super Elite Hybrid & one Super Elite 3 Treklite. Got my kids a Strut Zone. This way, we've all got one to wear & I got the pick of whatever is best for the days hunt!

RIStrutStopper

I picked up a Super Elite III too, planning to retire my original Super Elite. I'm sure my butt will appreciate the extra padding since I'm thinking about not bothering with a gobbler lounger this year. Gotta stay mobile!