North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Rem Premier duplex mag 4x6 & Hevi 13 choke updated - 40 yards

Started by spaightlabs, March 19, 2013, 07:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandedSpur

Quote from: spaightlabs on March 30, 2013, 04:25:39 PM
As much as I wanted Ilikehevi13 to be wrong...he wasn't.  Mmmmmmmmm, crow.

40 yards, same choke and gun. 

67 in 10...not gonna take this load into the field anytime soon.

Takes a big man to admit it. They did fall off a bit from 25 to 40, didn't they?

TrackeySauresRex

Back in the day it wasn't a bad load. I shot my first bird with that shell.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

the Ward

67 in a ten may not be a big number considering what others have posted with lead,but take a good look at that picture,thats a dead bird for sure!

R AJ

Quote from: the Ward on March 31, 2013, 07:24:31 AM
67 in a ten may not be a big number considering what others have posted with lead,but take a good look at that picture,thats a dead bird for sure!

I agree with you- dead bird in its tracks there. That is one fine backup shell for the occasional second shot that is needed.
Furthermore, if the turkeys that I am hunting don't start coming in to my calling it really matters not what shell I have in the gun. :funnyturkey:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Hey thanks for the comment towards me.  And I need to learn to just keep my comments to myself. 

That 40yd pattern would only get worse when you come down to my altitude.  So that's why I was telling you how bad those shells are.  I gave the ones I had left away.  They shoot about like the Kent loads at 40yds. 

spaightlabs

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 31, 2013, 12:23:38 PM
Hey thanks for the comment towards me.  And I need to learn to just keep my comments to myself. 

That 40yd pattern would only get worse when you come down to my altitude.  So that's why I was telling you how bad those shells are.  I gave the ones I had left away.  They shoot about like the Kent loads at 40yds.

Nah- I shoulda kept my ego in check...my apologies.  Please don't stop offering advice to others, or to me.  Good reminder that I don't actually know everything...

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: spaightlabs on April 01, 2013, 03:13:48 PM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 31, 2013, 12:23:38 PM

Nah- I shoulda kept my ego in check...my apologies.  Please don't stop offering advice to others, or to me.  Good reminder that I don't actually know everything...

You got a deal. 

And don't worry about it.  We are good bro. 

turkey buster

ive killed 2 birds with these shells out of my old browning A5 belgium made with a 30in full choke. Both was 15 yards or less though. I take the old browning out from time to time and when i do i still use these shells.

But until something out does my 870SM that will be my go getter