News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I got schooled today

Started by Tomspur, March 19, 2013, 11:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leasburg

Quote from: Tomspur on March 20, 2013, 08:20:14 PM
Went back this afternoon and had a great hunt. Sat down in a dry creek and after about 30  minutes I see three hens. A little later here comes a big tom. I did a soft yelp to him but he was deadheaded  to the hens. Probably 75 yards away from me. They head away from me so I am hoping they will return. About 30 minutes later another tom comes by about the same distance. Doesn't even look  my way when I call. Headed  straight for the others but boy was it exciting. Those birds were beautiful. Will try again tomorrow.

I have had this happen before, and what I did out of desperation was go nuts on the call, slate and mouth.  I made those hens mad and they did a 180 and came to me, gobbler just followed and I killed my first triple beard, with a 4 year old in the blind
Rub it right pro staff, hunt em boats pro staff, proud supporter of floating the 4th shell, take a kid golfing my hunting spots are getting crowded

Tomspur

Will definitely give that a try if nothing else works. Think I have them roosted and will get in there with them in the morning. I am going to dream about those birds tonight and hope to seal the deal tomorrow. Anyway, it has been awesome watching these magnificient birds go throught their making ritural. If I don't get him, then good for him but I will give it a heck of a try.