OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ya'll hearing anything in Tennessee?

Started by bigboy84, March 19, 2013, 04:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Foolery

Went out this morning and not a peep, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

gophert

This morning I heard one gobble on the roost about 5 times.  Then, the bottom fell out....RAIN that is.  I am seeing alot of birds displaying, but still not much gobbling.  The birds also seem to still be together somewhat. 

catman529

I scouted on the 27th in Maury Co. and went on top of a big bluff where I could see and hear a good ways. They were gobbling all over the place, nearby and far off. there was frost on the ground but that didn't effect the birds. Opening morning is looking really good on the forecast and I am headed to bed to get very little sleep....

Tom Foolery

Taking the nephew on his 2nd turkey hunt this morning, hope we find one that's suicidal.

taylorjones20

Heard 4 this morning on the roost and continued to gobble until about 8am.  They roosted on the other side of the river from the property we are hunting... Go figure.  They never would cross...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

hybridtom

We heard 3 Saturday until about 8 then nearly nothing but a gobble here and there. This morning we had 3 gobbling in a different spot on the roost then they went silent.  I had one today gobble 50 times in a two hour stretch between 10 and 12 then I spooked him trying to go to him. I bumped one today walking out and I had called 50 yards before I got to him and he was silent. He had two hens with him though.
Oh well try again this weekend. Southern middle TN

catman529

Hunted half the day on opening day and all day on Sunday. Gobbling was good on both WMAs I hunted. Killed a bird both days. Gobbling on roost, on ground, around mid to late morning, and then mid to late afternoon. Both toms I killed were singled out.

calebb

Hunting in Hardeman county. Its been tough thus far, little to no gobbling at any time during the day. Killed one saturday but he only gobbled 3 times. Hoping after this front blows through they get fired up a little. Never heard the first gobble on sunday.

turkeywhisperer935

I'm hunting in Henderson co. around the Lexington area in west TN and not hearing much. Killed one Tuesday and he only gobbled one time on the roost, same story Wednesday. Think the weather has got things messed up.

Tom Foolery

Heard 6-7 gobbles before fly down and then silence but at least it may be starting to get a little better.

nickhrp

I hunted a the first week of season and never heard a gobble seen some but no gobbles till Thursday during the rain I had one gobble at me called him in and smoked him but since then no gobbling in middle tn perry county
God Bless the Outdoors

turkey_slayer

Been hearing a few birds. A little roost gobbling but hardly any on the ground. Ive managed to kill 3 this week on public land buts it been tough. Most birds have had hens and some are still in big flocks.

MouthCaller

Hammering this morning on the roost on the Campbell/Claiborne co lines.... Pretty henned up not much gobbling after fly down at first.... I got a few gobbles from one bird after 10 but got on a hot one that wouldnt bugde about 11 am...

Tom Foolery

Heard 1 bird gobble 3 times this morning.  Henned up bad in Oneida.

hybridtom

Maybe I'm doing something wrong....We heard two gobblers today but neither would come into shooting range.  I have yet to kill a bird.  Last season killed 0 and this season thus far 0