OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ya'll hearing anything in Tennessee?

Started by bigboy84, March 19, 2013, 04:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

Quote from: bigboy84 on March 21, 2013, 10:33:20 PM
Yeah its suppose to rain here all weekend and be cool and im sure the wind will be blowing 100 mph like it has been for two months.

Least I'm not the only one that has noticed lol. It's actually just calmed down so I'm heading out in a bit. Gonna be 16 degrees

Tom Foolery

I have never seen the wind like it has been this year.  It was windy all deer season and it's been worse this spring.  I wish hurricane gussy would blow on outta here!

turkey_slayer

Heard zilch. Could have heard a pin drop. A few crows was about it. Wasn't any sign where I was tho. Looks like there was a poor acorn crop so back to the drawing board

Tom Foolery

Took the nephew this morning, nary a peep.

Wingbone

When I left for Florida last Friday, they were singing here at home, and one big winter flock had busted into three groups. Went yesterday to check the plotwatchers and they are all back in one big group now. Didn't hear anything either. My buddy's son killed a whopper this morning here in West Tn, but it never made a peep. Just walked into the food plot with a wad of hens and jakes.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Casey Johnson

I'm in the Decatur/Henderson County area. We had 4 gobbling on the limb this morning. Flew down and shut up, though. Located a hot gobbler later in the morning, but he was with his hens. We got set up, and called him and his hens into about 80 yards, but that was as close as they would come. Heard a few more random gobbles every now and then, before lunch. Gonna go try it again in the morning.
NWTF - Tennessee

turkey_slayer

Zilch again. Nice morning to. Temp about 30, calm and overcast

whiskey

Well they gobbled in Montgomery county today. We started on public land and heard 2 gobbling on the limb, but had a hunter between us and the birds. Relocated 15 miles to private land and got there after fly down. Heard gobbling before we called. Called and eventually got 3 fired up. Shot 1 around 8:30, heard more gobbling on our walk out.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: whiskey on March 23, 2013, 06:46:23 PM
Well they gobbled in Montgomery county today. We started on public land and heard 2 gobbling on the limb, but had a hunter between us and the birds. Relocated 15 miles to private land and got there after fly down. Heard gobbling before we called. Called and eventually got 3 fired up. Shot 1 around 8:30, heard more gobbling on our walk out.

Congrats!

Casey Johnson

Wasn't a very good morning over my way. It was foggy and raining most of the morning. We heard one gobble three times early, but then he shut up.
NWTF - Tennessee

jwhunter

WOW i had a great  foggy sunday morning it was awesome!!! birds were hammering on the roost. saw 8 goblers and about 30 hens. got alot of good video of all the birds. i know where im going to be sitting  saturday monrning.

i pulled my trail cameras. i had strutters on all 4 cameras. actually got a pic of one tom breading a hen. gobblers are still bunched up but the dance has started in wayne co!!

taylorjones20

Went out Saturday morning to listen and heard one on the limb gobble half dozen times. Not much sign yet. Last year we didn't see any sign at our spot until 2-3 days before opening day. But I think they are on track this year for a good season in west tn. Beech bluff area.

Alive only by the Grace Of God

reflexl

Saw 13 long beards in a groups without a single gobble. Ice on puddles in the mornings. It is supposed to be 48 here saturday morning with a high of 60. Hopefully that will help get them started. Southern Middle Tn. reflexl

Orion6

Went and listened last Friday, heard about 30 gobbles total.  Took my daughter Saturday, heard three total.  Sunday, nothing.

Hoping they get fired up Saturday.

TnTurk

Heard 7-8 different birds gobbling on the roost this morning. About half continued to gobble for about an hour once they hit the ground and then went silent for the rest of the morning. They are slowly but surely getting there.