OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ya'll hearing anything in Tennessee?

Started by bigboy84, March 19, 2013, 04:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigboy84

You guys hearing anything in Tennessee yet. Weather has been funny hear in the southeast cold one day and warm the next. This past weekend got them moving down here seen several groups and there were a few strutting. But i only heard one gobble so far and it was in the middle of the day and he only gobble once. Just gonna see if you guys are hearing any yet. Two weeks away and im ready...

Trax

No gobbles, but two big groups of males just started to split up over the weekend near me.
I think we're going to hit it just right.

Trevor2

Just got home from listening heard 3 birds gobble on the limb and one gobbled for bout 20 mins once he hit the ground. Only time Ive had a chance to get out so far. Where bouts yall at in tn? Im in NE Tn, Sunbright
Strutstopper

calebb

Hunting in the Henderson area, still seems to be a bit early with our birds. Went Friday and heard one bird on the limb. Saw several gobblers, all still running in groups mid day.

bigboy84

I am from Chattanooga, Tn. My buddy just called me earlier and said he heard two gobble on the roost tonight. So i think it should be a good year hopefully. Last year we didn't do any good after the first two weeks they were done here for the most part. I seen them strutting in the last parts of February and first of March last year cause we didn't have no winter and it was so warm. I think there on schedule this year..

catman529

yes gobbling and strutting and the groups are breaking up. Heard some gobbling when I scouted public land last week. Yesterday I called in some jakes and a hen into the backyard and got some video. They don't usually show up in the yard until they break up in the spring. It's getting good here but I sure wish this cold weather would warm up a little.

Tom Dooley

I am planning on bringing my son to Jackson Co Tenn this weekend for the youth hunt. How good do you guys think the hunting will be?

gophert

Heard more than 15 different birds gobble this morning in middle TN..it was very noisy

sent from Tim's Tweaked Out Evo LTE

turkey_slayer

Quote from: gophert on March 20, 2013, 06:41:53 PM
Heard more than 15 different birds gobble this morning in middle TN..it was very noisy

You don't have that many tags. Im willing to help out so the rest don't go to waste ;D. If this dag on wind will ever lay I'm gonna go listen. I swear its blowed hard everyday the past few weeks

Tom Foolery

I've not had a chance to get out but from talking to a few people there's not much going on here in Oneida.

TN-Hunter

Seen several bunches of birds but no gobbles.

whiskey

Saw a huge flock of hen today at 11:30am. Saw 4 gobblers yesterday. Going to listen in the morning.

Fatbeard

They've been gobbling like crazy in my part in east Tn! Had a group of 12 gobblers and 26 hens last week. They gobbler well past 10 in the morn
East TN Beard Buster

gophert

Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 20, 2013, 07:14:07 PM
Quote from: gophert on March 20, 2013, 06:41:53 PM

You don't have that many tags. Im willing to help out so the rest don't go to waste ;D. If this dag on wind will ever lay I'm gonna go listen. I swear its blowed hard everyday the past few weeks

It was a clear crisp cool morning yesterday.  Maybe 30 degrees and they were definitely singing.  A front is supposed to come through on friday and Juvenile hunt is on Saturday.  My guess is they won't make a sound come saturday morning. 

bigboy84

Yeah its suppose to rain here all weekend and be cool and im sure the wind will be blowing 100 mph like it has been for two months.