OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Ok fine then...what are the best vests out there?? Recommendations?

Started by heathwesley, March 19, 2013, 12:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushwhacker

I bought a hunters specialties suv vest from wal mart last year for $39. I love it. I have a primos gobbler vest that I had worn since 2004 and I have about worn it out. It was hot and heavy but it was a good vest also.

alclark2

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on March 19, 2013, 06:51:15 PM
Don't overlook the tactical tat'r II from Cabela's. It's a little pricey,but comfortable. Also, if you want to try a vest and not spend a lot of money, try the one that Wal Mart is carrying for $40.00. Seem to be a a well laid out vest at an inexpensive price. Seem to have a decent cushion also>

Marked down to $89 right now. I've been eyeing this vest. It has a few pockets I wouldn't use BUT I like the way it has room for 2 pots, 1 box, water bottle, GPS, locator lanyard, decoy/gobbler bag on the back, 3" seat, and I might be mistaken but I thought it had room for a Thermacell. I wouldn't use the little pockets which I assume are for mouth calls. I guess you could put something else in there. When I'm hunting hot, buggy, public land I do use all this stuff so I wouldn't have to look through by backpack for it all. 
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

FttFttVroom!

I've been using a mossy oak super elite vest for the past 5 years or so.  By far the best I've tried.

bigthunderchicken

Chase

Gamechaser

I have the Cabelas Super Tatr II. They don't dont have it anymore but they do have the Super Tatr III and it looks to be the same. The best thing about this vest is the butt pad is always down and stays behind your butt for easy access when sitting down. Don't have to fool with magnets or clips. Just sit down and you are ready to go.