OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Well looky what I found.

Started by jlawson382, March 18, 2013, 09:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlawson382

Was going through some old boxes this weekend at Mom's, and came across this.  I remember finding it in Dad's "junk drawer" growing up and not having any idea what it was, but evidently Dad tried his hand at turkeys (and callmaking) at least once!  It might not be the prettiest pot in the world, but it purrs pretty well, and I'll be carrying it into the woods with me next month.  Maybe the old man can send me a bit of luck.

Austy

Now that is a call that I would hunt with until I killed a gobbler with it just for the simple fact that it was made by someone special, DAD!!!!  I wish you the best of luck with that call and just remember the gobbler can's see the call until its too late!!  Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pappy

ME TOO! I wish I had some of my dad's calls. He was crude but to the point. I would put that in my vest and the first day of season say a little prayer and pull it out, deliver a couple of those soft purrs...and BOOM....here's for you dad!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

stone road turkey calls

What a treasure, enjoy having your dad with you again, good luck.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

DirtNap647

Basser69

I would hunt with that call until I killed a bird. Good luck  :turkey2: :z-guntootsmiley:

Gooserbat

You need to go kill a bird with that one.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gawhitaker

What a Great find, hope you lay good uns to rest with it

870FaceLift

Very cool little call. I agree with the others, it'd be neat to put a gobbler down with that one!
Pass it on...

imtalkinturkey

Very cool I'm like the others I would hunt with it till I smashed one good luck to you