OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mounting a Red Dot on an O/U

Started by pullit, March 06, 2011, 04:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullit

Has anybody ever tried to mount a Red Dot sight  (Burris FF type) on an Over /Under shotgun, if so do you have any pictures of your mounted sight.

Thanks
John

old frank

I don't have an O/U but I remember seeing some pro's on some turkey hunting shows using a scoped or Red Dot O/U.

I found one picture if that will help. Looks just like they mounted a section of rail.

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/hk/camoturkeymag.asp

1esso

A friend of mine bought a Browning Cynergy in camo, had it drilled and tapped, installed a weaver base. He ask me to pick him up a sight today for it (browning red dot buckmark).  But, he and i both are concerned about the quality and durability since it is less than $50.00. Whichever he goes with i will post pic of his setup.

pullit

Quote from: 1esso on March 09, 2011, 05:54:42 AM
A friend of mine bought a Browning Cynergy in camo, had it drilled and tapped, installed a weaver base. He ask me to pick him up a sight today for it (browning red dot buckmark).  But, he and i both are concerned about the quality and durability since it is less than $50.00. Whichever he goes with i will post pic of his setup.

I would love to see this set up.
I have not had good luck with cheap sights. I know all can break, cheap ones seem to break faster. I use Burris now.

BurrisOptics

There is a company in Europe that makes a vent rib mount for the FastFire.  I'll try to dig up the link again for you.  I must warn you though, the mount costs as much if not double what you paid for the sight.