OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nikon Turkey Pro BTR - ARD Device

Started by matchbook454, March 06, 2011, 04:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matchbook454

Has anyone had a problem threading theiir ARD on their Turkey Pros?  It seems like the major diameter of the ARD is too big for the minor diameter on the scope.  I can get about 3/4 of a thread on and it seems like it is distorting the ARD.  Going to be calling the mfr. tomorrow and get a replacement.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  I am not cross threading so that is not the issue.

CW

I did.  For some reason I was sent 3 of the ARD's and luckily one screwed in just fine.

Pickle

I got the Nikon Coyote Special scope back last fall and had a heck of a time trying to get it on.  Once the fight was over and I had it installed I didnt like it and took it back off.  Seems to cut down on brightness in low light conditions.  :-\   

Hardtime_NC

What is the purpose of he ARD anyways?  My dad ordered a turkey pro and it didn't even come with it.

Theres no dollar sign on a piece of mind!

deerslayer357

I ordered one off of Optics Planet and it didn't come with the ARD either.  It is supposed to cut down on the reflections from the glass on the far end of the scope from my understanding.

CW

Mine did not have the ARD in the box, but there was a card to mail in to have the ARD sent.  Mine didn't come in for a while so I called to ask where it was.  Then they sent 3... it does make it harder to see in low light.

deerslayer357

I must have over looked the card.  I will have to see if I can find it and get them to send me one.

I would like to try it, but may not leave it on all of the time.

matchbook454

I talked to Nikon yesterday and they told me that they had some issues where the front ring on the scope was not threaded all the way to the end.  Unfortunately I trashed my ARD while trying to get it ooff (had to use channel locks!)  Anyway, they're sending me a new ARD as well as a new ring for the scope since it was not threaded properly.  Awsome customer service!