OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobbler Talk question

Started by tjh24, March 06, 2011, 02:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjh24

I posted this in the calling forum and didnt get much of a response.  I was curious if anyone knows of any websites or cd, dvds that give an example of gobbler yelps and such. I have heard they are similiar to a hen yelp just a little slower and more coarse.  Anyone know where I can find some sound examples or anything?   Just curious, I want to be able to add some gobbler talk to my calling arsenal for spring. Thanks guys

jcarter

http://www.wildturkeyzone.com/hunting/calldescriptions.htm

There is a gobbler yelp here. You should be able to figure out how to turn that into a cluck. He is kinda yelp clucking anyway.

1iagobblergetter

Denny Gulvas fall turkey hunting DVD!!! Lots of good turkey footage!!!

gunnerj

Quote from: tjh24 on March 06, 2011, 02:51:02 PM
I posted this in the calling forum and didnt get much of a response.  I was curious if anyone knows of any websites or cd, dvds that give an example of gobbler yelps and such. I have heard they are similiar to a hen yelp just a little slower and more coarse.  Anyone know where I can find some sound examples or anything?   Just curious, I want to be able to add some gobbler talk to my calling arsenal for spring. Thanks guys
Slower, course and loud. I heard one this morning after they stopped gobbling. I was reading in the new NWTF mag an article with Ray Eye that said he likes to use gobbler lingo because the toms don't expect other toms and jakes to come to them like the hens and they hang up less. :anim_25:

bowhunter84

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 07, 2011, 10:49:39 AM
Denny Gulvas fall turkey hunting DVD!!! Lots of good turkey footage!!!
:agreed:

harvester

Dan Kendall has a short video on his website, check it out. Gobbler yelper mouth call has a demo on what it sounds like. Hope this helps you out.

Hoosierhunter

Quote from: jcarter on March 06, 2011, 04:55:39 PM
http://www.wildturkeyzone.com/hunting/calldescriptions.htm

There is a gobbler yelp here. You should be able to figure out how to turn that into a cluck. He is kinda yelp clucking anyway.

Thanks for that link sure lots of info there for a new hunter like myself