turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Georgia Update

Started by AUDoubleBeard, March 14, 2013, 01:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUDoubleBeard

What have yall been seeing/hearing in Georgia?  AToler been checking out some of his land North of Columbus and only found a few birds that are gobbling.  He found two hot bids two days ago at his camp, and stop by this moring and they were no where to be found.  Hope they get a little more active before next Saturday.

headbanger

Went to listen last Saturday morning in XXXX Co. Heard a couple on the roost. One of them gobbled twice and shut down. The other bird sounded off for an hour. Hope either one of them (or any of the others that I know are on this property)are ready to play on the 23rd :fud:

savduck

They are still in fall flocks. Plenty of gobbling, not much breeding yet. Gobblers are mingling and showing off but the girls are interested yet. It could change in a heartbeat.
Georgia Boy

HARPJ_is_HOOKED

I was off last friday, and spent the morning out at the club. I sat in a big clearcut and listened and heard at least 10 birds gobbling on the roost in different directions. I eased down a road and sat and heard hens yelping and one gobbler on the ground talking back and forth. It was all I could do to stay out of the conversation!!!
Harper Johnson

AUDoubleBeard

Quote from: HARPJ_is_HOOKED on March 14, 2013, 10:50:45 PM
I was off last friday, and spent the morning out at the club. I sat in a big clearcut and listened and heard at least 10 birds gobbling on the roost in different directions. I eased down a road and sat and heard hens yelping and one gobbler on the ground talking back and forth. It was all I could do to stay out of the conversation!!!
Sweet! I hoped they get turned on over the next week with these warm temps.

Vaturkeyhntr

Me and good friend are heading down to Hinesville Georgia, from here in Virginia on the 27th and hunt the 28-30..last year was the first year we hunted this property and we stuck gold on the first morning out, so hopefully our luck stays the same.

stone road turkey calls

went to my place in mereweither county this week, was in my blind had one gobbling but never seen him.hope he is there on saterday. good luck guys
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Roostem33

In the place that I hunt in the North section they seem to be still grouped. But in S. Ga. they are starting to show out a little, lots of strut zones. Hope all of you have a great season!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

HARPJ_is_HOOKED

Update: they're doing what I believe they're supposed to be doing down here. Some are henned up, some are slipping around looking for hens. Hens and jakes running around everywhere. I got lucky and thinned the herd yesterday morning. He was a really old bird, and only gobbled 4 times over 4 hours. It should be in full swing by next weekend down here. I'm 30 miles from Hinesville. Good luck to you!!
Harper Johnson