OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

sumtoy UPDATE

Started by Rockhound, March 09, 2013, 08:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Who shoots the sumtoy with the federal #7 out of a 26" 870 ? Im gonna see if my local store has one tomorrow i almost ordered the ssx but ive heard bad things with these longer barrelled guns.

gophert

Rockhound,

If you want tight and even...get an Indian Creek .555.   With TSS you will be pushing 400 in a 10 easy at 40.  It will also shoot hevi #7's very well with that setup.  Sumtoy is also a good choke as well.

BrowningGuy88

I don't think u will get a sumtoy in a store. Order direct from William.

I shoot one with hevi and federal shot. The 7's are too much of a good thing in my gun. I shoot the 6's and average 135 with hevi and around 120 with federal.

R AJ

I shoot the 7s in my 870 and 11-87 26" pipes using the Sumtoy choke.
The 562-3 handles H-13 #7s best and the 562-5 helps the Feds HW 7s sing.
Either of these will work well enough for either shell. You may see 130s-160s in the H-13 7s and 120s + in the federal HW 7 loads in 20 gauge using your gun and barrel.

Rockhound

Quote from: Daman on March 10, 2013, 10:31:19 AM
I don't think u will get a sumtoy in a store. Order direct from William.

I shoot one with hevi and federal shot. The 7's are too much of a good thing in my gun. I shoot the 6's and average 135 with hevi and around 120 with federal.

My local store carries Williams chokes on their shelves, ill see what they have tomorrow

R AJ

Quote from: Rockhound on March 10, 2013, 05:01:33 PM
Quote from: Daman on March 10, 2013, 10:31:19 AM:z-winnersmiley:I don't think u will get a sumtoy in a store. Order direct from William.

My local store carries Williams chokes on their shelves, ill see what they have tomorrow
:icon_thumright: :z-winnersmiley:

Rockhound

My local store had the sumtoy 562-5 in stock so i picked it up. Patterned it today and im impressed, pushed for time so i didn't have time for a sit down and count but did count somewhat. Im pushing 140 with the feds if not closer to 150 and around the same with the hevi. Im excited. Lol

mossyoakpro

Sounds like you have a winner there!!  William makes some great chokes....
Phillippians 4:13