turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3" #6 Turkey Thugs - PATTERN PICS ADDED

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, March 09, 2013, 06:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

I shot one out of the 835 with a dirty barrel earlier at 30yds about 40 degrees out, got 185 in the 10.

darn2ten

Don't over look the 3" #5 thugs, shot a 124 with my 26" invector + and a ssx choke. Beat that number with the win super x 3-1 7/8-5 though, got 131 in the 10 with that one. Cool thing is those silver box super x winnies are only $7.17 at my local wally world.

Michigander

Wow, those are both great number. Buy more before they change the recipie.  :icon_thumright:

budtripp

Ok now yall got me tempted to buy some of these, regardless of the fact I got enough winchester lead and hevi 13 to last me 20 years  :z-guntootsmiley:

Longshanks

Quote from: budtripp on March 26, 2013, 10:46:13 PM
Ok now yall got me tempted to buy some of these, regardless of the fact I got enough winchester lead and hevi 13 to last me 20 years  :z-guntootsmiley:

Yup, I have enough Win XX and HV to last the rest of my life. Tempted to shoot some just to see how they compare to the Winchester shells. Sounds like a great shell if anyone is struggling getting some efficient Pb patterns. Federal must have been listening when folks were complaining about the FCW's.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Federal needs to Continue Making the Thug Shells.

Lucky Clucker

Being lead 6's ,never really liked them, are they going fast enough to break bone and have enough power down range? I never killed but 1 with lead 6's and it was at 25 yards and a mistake, I thought I had 4's in, the bird flopped and crawled like it could have got away if I had not stomped his head,and it was busted with a pile of shot, got some and going to see how they do, I hope me and everyone else has good luck with them,I'm scared to death to cripple one .
Hunt every day as if it were your last.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: Lucky Clucker on April 03, 2013, 01:15:11 AM
Being lead 6's ,never really liked them, are they going fast enough to break bone and have enough power down range? I never killed but 1 with lead 6's and it was at 25 yards and a mistake, I thought I had 4's in, the bird flopped and crawled like it could have got away if I had not stomped his head,and it was busted with a pile of shot, got some and going to see how they do, I hope me and everyone else has good luck with them,I'm scared to death to cripple one .

If you put a swarm of 6's on his head and neck he will be there. I have killed turkeys with lead 2, 4, 5, 6, and 8 shot. I have also killed them with Hevi straight 6's and 4x5x7 Nitro's. The only thing I will never shoot another with is the #8 shot. I would prefer not to use 2's but in a bind I would.

I have always been fond of #5 Copperplated in lead and now prefer #6 in Hevi, but this year I have started hunting with #6 lead a lot. My Mossy 935 is averaging 145 - 150 with #6 lead at 40 and I have complete confidence in my combo at that distance with a small cushion.

EASY

I have all the confidence in the world if I do my part dead bird at 40 yards every shot with 6s

Jbird22

Quote from: EASY on April 03, 2013, 09:30:19 AM
I have all the confidence in the world if I do my part dead bird at 40 yards every shot with 6s

No doubt about it. The old Federal Premium 3-2-6 I started out hunting with would drop em like a bad habit! I killed a few with them at 40 yds or a little better that barely twitched, much less flopped!