turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Found a box of remington hevi shot!

Started by jordanz7935, March 06, 2013, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanz7935

i dropped my 20 off @ the gunsmith today and was combing the ammo shelves and saw that hes got a box of 20 ga remington hevi shot. they arent the"turkey" loads though.Theyre heavy field loads.3"1+1/8 oz #6s @1300fps.$17 for a box of 10. Do you guys think theyd pattern good in a 21" 870 with the .572 rsf? Im currently usin fed hw 7s. Should i buy em and try em out or put the $ towards more hw 7s?

ahfox16

IMO you won't be happy.  Those shells are designed for waterfowl.  Higher speed and less payload.  I'd keep your bucks and stay with the 7's.

dawei

Those waterfowl loads produce an awesome pattern in my 20ga Mossberg® 500C & Wrights® SWARM™ choke (.555"). I'll gladly buy them if you don't want them!

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: ahfox16 on March 06, 2013, 07:41:02 PM
IMO you won't be happy.  Those shells are designed for waterfowl.  Higher speed and less payload.  I'd keep your bucks and stay with the 7's.

Ignore this.  Buy em and pattern a couple.  1300 fps is not that fast and you're only sacrificing an 1/8 ounce so you might lose 5 yards of efeective pattern range...whoopy.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

remmy1187

jordanz7935

Well, you guys talked me into it. Got em yesterday. Will post pics after i pattern them. I suspect they will want a tighter choke than what im runnin, a .572 rsf. We will see how it does though.