turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fanning?

Started by WyoHunter, March 05, 2011, 05:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

Anyone ever used a turkey fan to lure in a gobbler? I read about it and saw a hunting show on TV where they used this method. Looks like it pretains mainly ot areas where the visibility is good such as Kansas, NE, etc.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

guesswho

I'll do a lot of crazy stuff, but that ain't happening.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

chatterbox

With the knuckleheads on public land, it's a little to risky for my taste. I like to give head shots, not recieve them.

OLE RASPY

I have, works great but not on public only on private where i hunt, not strange places where i havent hunted before. They come running 90 percent time.Diff strokes for diff folks though.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

harvester

Quote from: guesswho on March 05, 2011, 05:39:02 PM
I'll do a lot of crazy stuff, but that ain't happening.
:agreed:

jshively

My family is counting on me coming home after the hunt.  Way too dangerous for the public land that I hunt.  For me, the simpler the better.
   :TrainWreck1:

Missed-Em

Read about it in T&TH and sounded like a good way for the guy with the fan to get his ear drum blown out!

Austy

I just saw an article on this in the April 2011 Bowhunting World magazine.  Personally I think you would have to be an idiot to even attempt this on public land or private for that matter.  Its an accident waiting for a place to happen.  Speaking of an accident waiting to happen if you get a chance take a look at the picture attached to this article on top left of page 32.  What were these two guys doing during the safety portion of their hunter safety course, must have been sleeping!!!    I have had the misfortune of being shot at during the spring turkey season many years ago.  The guy was shooting where he heard the sound coming from.  Fortunatly for me I was far enough away and had no penetration.  When I stood up after the shot he took off like a rocket.

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Gobble!

What I have been doing lately is strapping my strutter on my back then crawling through the woods with a gobble call  :icon_thumright:

Rio Fan

It might work at times, but there's no way I'd ever try it on the public ground I hunt.

Muskie03

I also tie wings to my arms :icon_thumright:
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.