turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom Build

Started by agturkey, February 27, 2013, 10:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Have the option to custom build a SA20 to use for several reason.  Im looking at getting one made with pistol grip, tactical rail up top, a bead instead of the m16 style they putting on turkey models, camo forearm and stock.  Would only be able to shoot with optics.  Looking at getting for hunter ed and youth hunts.  Not sure if the optic route is wanted...still like the bead.  Maybe even put a set of williams on it.  Your thoughts?  Think the kids would really like it for youth turkey.  Would be great cert females and small frame folks in hunter ed.  Then I would try it out.

savduck

Scott, good talking with you this morning.

I think that SA 08 is a great little youth gun. The fit and weight of it is perfect for youth. The pistol grip would also help kids out. I'd go the bead route for the simple fact you may want it for waterfowl or deer hunting as well. A beretta style saddle mount will match up with it. I'd recommend the dead ringer fiber optic sight.

For you, I'd suggest a Sum toy 562-5 to maximize the pattern, for kids I'd run a pure gold 570 tempest in it. The Sum Toy will be a 140 to 170 pattern. The pure gold will open up a little and go about 90 to 115. Little more forgiving pattern for the kids.
Georgia Boy

agturkey

She will be here soon but with 24"

vaturkey

Don't worry Scott ! By the time you put a choke tube in it you will almost have a 26" barrel !   :icon_thumright:

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey