OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Are you working a gobbler, or is he working you?

Started by jakebird, February 27, 2013, 10:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakebird

I thought I'd attempt some humor here and start a thread modeled after the "You might be a redneck " jokes and be educational at the same time . I'll get it started .... If you've spent more than four consecutive days working the same gobbler, he might be working YOU! If every time you cross a valley and scale a ridge he flies back across and calls from where you just were, he might be working YOU! If you swear the throaty rattle at the end of his last gobble sounded suspiciously like a chuckle, he might be working  YOU!.....
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

birdyhunter

If a longbeard is in the same field every day all day and you never get within 75 yards of him, he may be working you! (Sore subject here)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Muzzy61

If you lay awake at night thinking how come he hung up at 70 yards, he may be working you.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

redleg06

If he repeatedly gets you to A) Go places that you dont want to go  and  B) gets you to leave your woman to come find him EVEN THOUGH you're never able to make him do either A or B....he might be working you.  :funnyturkey: