OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

May have to quit toting the 12 GA

Started by superblackeagle, February 26, 2013, 03:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superblackeagle

So around 2000 my dad bought my brother a Remington 1100 youth model that will shoot 3in. shells. It has a very short barrel I think about 21in.We have killed a few birds with it shooting lead #5's or #6's through a Remington Super Full (lead only). The pattern always fell off after about thirty yards so when my brother outgrew the gun he started toting the 12GA. Last weekend we had some pretty good weather down here in Mississippi and I got the itch to do some patterning. After reading many posts on here I decided to try some Federal HW #7's and Hevi-13 #7's through the RSF to see how they would do. At a lasered 40 yards I got a 118 in the 10in. circle with the Feds and 138 in the 10in. circle with the Hevi-13. I was surprised that the gun patterned that well. Both patterns were very even with the Feds being almost perfectly spaced or so it seemed. I forgot to take some pics but I'll try to post them sometime this weekend when I get back home. I'll be very tempted to bring the little 20 instead of the 12 when making long treks on some public land.

chatterbox

Sounds like you are good to go! :icon_thumright:
Would love to see the pics of that pattern!

redarrow

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase