OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal Heavyweights Rattle

Started by 01Foreman400, February 26, 2013, 09:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

01Foreman400

I noticed in some of the shells I just got from Midwayusa if you shack them they have a rattle to them.  Not all do this just some of them.  Is this normal?
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

BrowningGuy88

goblr77

chris30br

Mine rattle to. But the last one I shot went 172 at 40yards. So I say let em rattle!! Lmao

savduck

Last years 3U lots the crimps looked bulged and pattern numbers were off from what the were in years past. Maybe Federal loaded less pellets this year to get back in line.

I cut one open last year and it had 330 pellets and a bunch of red plastic sesame seed fillers.
Georgia Boy

01Foreman400

I had left federal a message and they called but I was in a meeting and couldn't answer.  They did leave a message saying that this was normal for some to rattle and some not to rattle.  They said it's how they are loaded and when they are packed and shipped some loosen up a little. 

goblr77

I'm not too concerned about it. Like Savduck said, these shells are putting up better numbers than last year's U lot. Winchester XR 12 gauge loads used to rattle a lot and they worked fine. Don't know if they still do.

01Foreman400

Quote from: goblr77 on February 26, 2013, 11:14:58 AM
I'm not too concerned about it. Like Savduck said, these shells are putting up better numbers than last year's U lot. Winchester XR 12 gauge loads used to rattle a lot and they worked fine. Don't know if they still do.

This will be my first year shooting them.  I bought 35 boxes so I hope they shoot good.

goblr77

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on February 26, 2013, 11:39:53 AM
Quote from: goblr77 on February 26, 2013, 11:14:58 AM

This will be my first year shooting them.  I bought 35 boxes so I hope they shoot good.

Dang. I thought I had a lot with 20 boxes. :z-guntootsmiley:

savduck

I'm sitting at 38 boxes of 7 and two boxes of 6. Almost bought three more ones of 7 today.
Georgia Boy

surehuntsalot

are some of you expecting the turkeys to start a war soon or something
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SumToy

I know of 250 boxes.  I can get them if any one needs some.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

01Foreman400

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA