turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fed HW 7s through a fixed modified?

Started by Arra, February 22, 2013, 09:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arra

I have a auto Ithaca 20 gauge with a fixed modified choke...I plan on trying some heavyweight 7s through it soon. Just wondering if anyone has tried them through a modified choke and your results..I have saw that some people say that turkey chokes are not necessary with these shells because of the FTW.

Rapscallion Vermilion

No way to really know until you pattern the gun.   I would be surprised if you got a 40 yard pattern, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were good to go at 30 yards, assuming you are shooting the 1 1/2 oz 3" shells.

Arra

Yep. That's the shell im shooting.. Ive got 5 boxes so I can play around with it a little. Ive got an 870 that I killed my limit with last year but id also like to hunt with this auto some too. :happy0064:

killdee

FYI I shot my H&R SS modified yesterday with TSS#9 and at 40 it was all over the place, a kill would be purely accidental so I will either have it choked or forget about it.

Arra

WOW is all I can say...I was very impressed. 136 holes in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards. I shot it at 51 yards (ranged it) and put 71 in a 10 inch paper plate....Here is the only pic I have. I didn't have any poster board so I shot a duck decoy box I had. This is at 40 yards. Looks like I need to be ordering a MO graphics kit for this gun... :turkey2:

gatrkyhntr70

Nice!! Tell me its not going to be another one in bottomland :toothy12:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Arra

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-