OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got word the 200 mark was broken again today

Started by savduck, February 20, 2013, 07:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Got word from a buddy today after he shot his new  Sumtoy 562 in an M2. He broke the 200 mark with Hevi 13 7s and shot a 180 with federal 7 s, and a 120 with federal 6s all out the same choke.

I recall several guys breaking two hundred with Nitro 7s and hand loads, but to my memory this is the first I've heard of a factory load breaking the mark.
Georgia Boy

K9Doc

Very nice pattern!!!  Congrats!!!
I'm all jacked up on Mt Dew and ready to thump one!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: savduck on February 20, 2013, 07:56:23 PM
Got word from a buddy today after he shot his new  Sumtoy 562 in an M2. He broke the 200 mark with Hevi 13 7s and shot a 180 with federal 7 s, and a 120 with federal 6s all out the same choke.

I recall several guys breaking two hundred with Nitro 7s and hand loads, but to my memory this is the first I've heard of a factory load breaking the mark.

I believe 200 is very reachable with a SumToy and H13 7's. I think my gun would push it close if I polished the barrel and shot on a warm day.

jbrown

Del, its an old Benelli M-1, 26" barrel, all my shots are with a dirty barrel, I really can't rember when I cleaned it last. With Fed HW#7 it got from 151 to 180, with Fed HW#6's it was 121 and hevi13#7's it put 200 in the 10 at a measured 40yds. Thanks William at Sumtoy for a great choke.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!