turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke for Browning BPS Micro 22" Barrel

Started by Doubles, February 19, 2013, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doubles

I'm trying to get a Browning BPS Micro 20 gauge (22" Invector+ barrel) set up for Spring Turkey season in Ohio (for my wife). This will be her first year hunting and she is very excited for Turkey season. I want to make sure I get her gun set up with a good choke. I know it's a bit of trial and error but I'm hoping to limit the number of chokes I purchase if possible to do so. I'm going to use Hevi-13 in #7. I know Pure Gold is reputable and I was planning to take advantage of the refurbs on sale, but my primary goal is to limit the shot to 30 yds or less but be "ok" to 40 in the event of error in judment on distance, so any suggestions of what constriction to use? the last thing i want to happen is a miss at close range due to over choking.

sevetts

for either hevi 7s or federal 7s i would say save some money and buy a carlsons extended non ported, hard to beat in my experience for $30. ive got a jellyhead, a pure gold, and an indian creek. carlson with shoot right with them with those loads..

R AJ

Another choke to consider in the short barrel inv+(I assume) is the Sumtoy 563-5 for that gun.

Besides Fed HW #7s,at 40 yards  it has been a really good patterning gun for lead 4,5 and 6 shot in the federal shells at 30 yards. Patterns are tight but pretty evenly spread.

Congratulations on taking your wife on a  great outdoors experience. Warn her about the chance of catching turkey fever and you have done your job if she's addicted.

Doubles

Thanks for the replies. Have the Carlson's been updated? I understand they make the actual "hevi shot" brand choke but I've read the Carlson's had some issues with the wad. I'm assuming its no longer the case? They seem like a great value if so.
I hadn't considered sumtoy as I thought they were super expensive but by looking at their website they seem right in line with pure gold and Indian creek.
I'm definitely excited to get the wife out hunting. I think she'll be hooked as soon as we hear that first gobble.

sevetts

the carlson i bought is actually the Cabelas hevishot choke, but after i bought it i cant tell the difference at all between the carlson and the "cabelas hevishot" they are the same choke. check out the reviews at cabelas and ive got several pattern pics if you look back through my posts. thats whats in my wifes gun, its cool to have your wife shoot a gun that actually fits and is a killer. sumtoy will make you a GREAT choke i have no dought. just thought id give a cheaper option that will get the job done.

SumToy

That gun will like the Federal shell and 562 to 565 rang in a choke. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Doubles

Are the federal hwt superior to the hevi 13 for this setup? I looked quite a few places and couldn't find any federal hvwt in #7 for 20 gauge so I ordered a couple boxes of the hevi 13 in #7. Should I cancel the order and continue searching for federal hvwt? I was worried with ammo becoming harder to get I might not be able to get either if I waited much longer. Thanks to all for the help.

SumToy

I will have the Fed HWT in this week.  If you cant find any let me know.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA