OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remmington RSF choke

Started by killdee, February 19, 2013, 05:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killdee

Does anyone know if they are for sale anywhere anymore? Guy on another forum is looking and I thought I'd ask?
Thanks

vaturkey

Vaturkey

killdee

Thanks, in the store? I couldnt find them online after I saw your post. 
Kd

vaturkey

Quote from: killdee on February 19, 2013, 08:04:59 PM
Thanks, in the store? I couldnt find them online after I saw your post. 
Kd

I seen them in the Bass Pro in Knoxville Tenn. this past weekend.  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Sand Man

You looking for the "lead only" or the Hevi-shot model?

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

gophert

If you are looking for the HeviShot rated RSF, good luck.  The only way you will find one is on some auction site or old stock that is still laying around.  I'm really not sure why they stopped making them, but the new ones are all Lead Only. 

savduck

I've got one. I haven't shot it yet. If it doesn't beat what I already have, it's going up for sale. It is the Hevi approved one.
Georgia Boy

CntrlPA

Whats the difference between the two chokes? I shoot Hevi shot out of my Remington Ventilator for my 12 gauge and it says lead only.

CB on the run

My RSF say's lead only and means NO steel shot.  I've shot over 100 Nitro, Federal HW & Hevi-shot shells with no problem whatsoever.  Buffalo Gun Center had 6 on their shelf last week.

BrowningGuy88

I bought a new 870 Youth Turkey model for my FIL for Christmas 2011 and a Rem Super Full Lead Only to go with it. We have put several Nitro's and H-13 shells through it and have seen no scoring. It patterns well.

CntrlPA

Quote from: CB on the run on February 21, 2013, 03:53:17 PM
  My RSF say's lead only and means NO steel shot.  I've shot over 100 Nitro, Federal HW & Hevi-shot shells with no problem whatsoever.  Buffalo Gun Center had 6 on their shelf last week.

You are correct. I called remington today and they said that Hevi shot is fine through the new "Lead Only" chokes

R AJ

Quote from: gophert on February 20, 2013, 11:16:20 AM
If you are looking for the HeviShot rated RSF, good luck.  The only way you will find one is on some auction site or old stock that is still laying around.  I'm really not sure why they stopped making them, but the new ones are all Lead Only.

This choke was at Gander Mountain last night in Auburn,Al but I did not look to see if it stated lead only.

Britton40

Is the construction on the RSF 20 Gauge .570 or .665? Everything online says 665 but I'm thinking they are using the 12 gauge constriction numbers for both the 12 and the 20.

R AJ

gophert

This is what the HeviShot, Steel, and Lead approved one's look like.  They are no longer made.