OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

the experiments resume

Started by reflexl, February 19, 2013, 10:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I had to drop what I was doing with the blackpowder last year but I am resuming my experiments. I am going to start cutting turkey loads apart and loading them with 777 in my Encore. I had just started doing this with good results last year. 70grs behind the wad, cup and shot charge from W-W loads seemed to work quite well. reflexl

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: reflexl on February 19, 2013, 10:59:33 AM
I had to drop what I was doing with the blackpowder last year but I am resuming my experiments. I am going to start cutting turkey loads apart and loading them with 777 in my Encore. I had just started doing this with good results last year. 70grs behind the wad, cup and shot charge from W-W loads seemed to work quite well. reflexl

May I ask why? I can understand the love for muzzleloading as I would love to have a TK2000 or a Side by Side 10 gauge with hammers, but I don't understand BP out of a conventional turkey gun.

Just wondering, not trying to knock it or start an argument.

reflexl

I should have made clear that the Encore is the 209x12 muzzleloading shotgun. Quite a set up. Here it is with my 835. reflexl

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: reflexl on February 19, 2013, 05:38:40 PM
I should have made clear that the Encore is the 209x12 muzzleloading shotgun. Quite a set up. Here it is with my 835. reflexl

Makes perfect sense now...

That is a nice pair you have there! I hope to pick up an Encore PH 20 gauge with a turkey and a slug barrel one of these days.

reflexl

I know someone that shoots a Encore 20ga with a turkey choke and it works great. I have a friend that has a camo 12ga barrel that I may end up with. reflexl