turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best turkey hunting shirt and pants?

Started by Xcal1ber, February 14, 2013, 01:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard56

I wear Ol Tom in Obsession and it works great for me.
longbeard 56/Tenth Legionnaire
Tri-County Longbeards
NWTF Chapter
Southern NJ.

PALongspur

Treklite for me!

I just layer under it when its chilly.

WickedBama

Live For It!

jakebird

Quote from: WickedBama on February 19, 2013, 10:09:19 PM
Although O own a nice turkey vest, You can purchase Ol Tom technical turkey shirt and pant and wont even need a vest the shirt comes with magnetic pockets, locatercall lanyards in the chest pockets, diaphragm pockets, spine pad, magnetic back piece for seat, the pants have slate pocket, with striker holder, knee pads, box call pocket and multiple storage pockets. great buy comes in obsession,bottom land,apg,infinity.
I just bought this set of pants and shirt in obsession. Absolutely love it. Quality made from top to bottom and you can tell this stuff was designed by serious turkey hunters, for serious turkey hunters. I really plan to use it most later in the season as temps warm and get too much for my leafy suit. The vestless concept is awesome. There is a built in spine pad right down the back and like he said, attachments for seat and accessories. A little pricey ($59 for shirt, $59 for pants) but Im confident I will get more thsan a few seasons out of the stuff, so not a bad investment, imo. And I'm a big feller, too. Got mine in 2XL but I saw it in atleast to 4X if I recall. Got mine at Bass pro Shops but you can also order direct at oltomgobbler.com
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

WickedBama

I'm not real sure how old the bottom land pattern is and honestly I always thought it was too (old school) but till I saw it first hand in the hardwoods here in alabama bottom land is probably the best camo pattern there is for this state.
Although my obsession looks great the bottom land is top notch. Wish I had it but everything I got is obsession.
Live For It!

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: WickedBama on February 21, 2013, 11:48:06 AM
I'm not real sure how old the bottom land pattern is and honestly I always thought it was too (old school) but till I saw it first hand in the hardwoods here in alabama bottom land is probably the best camo pattern there is for this state.
Although my obsession looks great the bottom land is top notch. Wish I had it but everything I got is obsession.

Bottomland is my favorite pattern out there - period. It blends so well here in South Alabama.

Saturday we were out predator hunting and I set up while my partner put out the call. When he turned around he couldn't see where I had set-up until I waved at him. He said he was looking right at me and couldn't see me. I was backed under a cedar tree wearing my bottomland.

WickedBama

Quote from: Daman on February 21, 2013, 11:52:10 AM
Quote from: WickedBama on February 21, 2013, 11:48:06 AM

Bottomland is my favorite pattern out there - period. It blends so well here in South Alabama.

Saturday we were out predator hunting and I set up while my partner put out the call. When he turned around he couldn't see where I had set-up until I waved at him. He said he was looking right at me and couldn't see me. I was backed under a cedar tree wearing my bottomland.

Yea that's about what happen to me a friend and I went hunting together he in bottom land. In a semi open area he was invisible I was really amazed. Not really as much green in all places in Bama our season running march15-April 31. Obsession real effective towards the middle to end of season IMO.
Live For It!

Erich Williams

My favorite is the Russell brand clothes. Turkey hunt all season with them and wear them during bow season.

natman

I hunt turkeys near the California coast. It has some unusual requirements because most mornings the area I hunt is shrouded with fog. Temperatures can get as low as the 30's, even in spring. Eventually the fog burns off and the temperature climbs rapidly, sometimes as much as 50 degrees F. So thermal versatility is crucial.

I start off the day wearing long johns under a pair of camo lighweight zip off pant similar to these:
http://www.basspro.com/Mossy-Oak-Apparel-TrekLite-Zipoff-Pants-for-Men/product/38248/

As it warms up, I remove the long johns. On the trip home in the afternoon the legs get zipped off.

redleg06

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 14, 2013, 02:51:36 AM
Heres an idea. I wear one of cabelas lightweight leafy suits. The leaves are sewn into a mesh material so it's very cool and light. You can wear anything you want underneath it. I've been known to wear gym shorts and a tshirt under my suit when the weather gets really warm. Very comfortable way to hunt, and it does an excellent job of breaking up your outline and blending you into your surroundings.

I do exactly this with my top/shirts.... leafy mesh top with a dark colored underarmor/workout shirt underneath to "wick" sweat away and keep me cool. I wear the "treklite" pants or something of similar material.  I sweat  A LOT and would rather be too cold than too hot.

Hooks' n' Beards'

i love my Rocky' Turkey hunting mesh pants,this will be my 4th season coming up,i have put them through hell and they are still in excellent shape,i layer accordingly and wear a leafy suit top or a jacket depending on the temperature...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/675179/rocky-mens-mesh-turkey-pants-polyester-mossy-oak-obsession-camo-medium-32-34-waist-32-inseam

30_06

eddie234

I have a set of plain old cotton pants and shirt in realtree. I did get a pair of ol Tom technical pants at the end of last season, found a shirt made of the same material at gander mountain.

kevin2

I just bought one of these shirts due to your post. Looking forward to getting it in the mail. Great looking shirt.

Quote from: WickedBama on February 19, 2013, 10:09:19 PM
Although O own a nice turkey vest, You can purchase Ol Tom technical turkey shirt and pant and wont even need a vest the shirt comes with magnetic pockets, locatercall lanyards in the chest pockets, diaphragm pockets, spine pad, magnetic back piece for seat, the pants have slate pocket, with striker holder, knee pads, box call pocket and multiple storage pockets. great buy comes in obsession,bottom land,apg,infinity.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

ctwny1

I like and use Ol Tom Shirt and pants and I have their turkey vest too. In my opinion their the best clothing on the market.