turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Calls

Started by jblackburn, January 28, 2013, 10:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

What type and brand of calls does everybody us?  I'm still on staff with Gooserbat Game Calls, so thost are the calls I really like!  ;D  Seriously, though, they are good, easy to blow diaphragms.  We have a new call called "Bacon" (yeah, it's that good!).  It is probably the best hunting call Sam makes.  I also like the Hillbilly, Double Bit, and Heckler calls.  Gooserbat also has slate, glass, and aluminum friction calls.  I carry the slate and glass.

I also have had really good luck with a Cody Envy glass call and a Mr. Death Diaphragm by Cane Creek.

If anyone has any Gooserbat questions, let me know!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

turkey harvester

I guess I'm sold on Knight & Hale. Yea my last name is Hale but no relation. I love the yella hammer slate, and the old yeller slate. the diaphram call I use is a K&H spittin image 013  3 1/2 reeds and I love it. Have my 25 year old lynch box call that sounds amazing after all these years. Guess thats most of my calls I use the most.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

harleytom

I have some many different brands I can't name them all, but do prefer Hook's diaphragm calls.

Swamp

I use two of my own calls I made last year and have two that I bought off here (pots) one long box spring creek  custom. Wood haven mouth calls.

paintbrush

My main stay calls are Hallorens aluminum pot and his Twisted Sister pot, and a Tim Sanford slate. For mouth calls I use Hooks. I use small frame mouth calls and a lot of call makers just don't make that many of them. I have tried most over the years. Joey, I'll have to give a Gooserbat's a try as I see they make one in a small frame.

RIStrutStopper

I've been using a Woodhaven Cherry Classic crystal and Primos Power Crystal calls mostly. I use a Quaker Boy raspy old hen mouth call too.

jblackburn

Quote from: paintbrush on February 16, 2013, 07:22:00 AM
My main stay calls are Hallorens aluminum pot and his Twisted Sister pot, and a Tim Sanford slate. For mouth calls I use Hooks. I use small frame mouth calls and a lot of call makers just don't make that many of them. I have tried most over the years. Joey, I'll have to give a Gooserbat's a try as I see they make one in a small frame.

Yeah, small frame calls just don't get a lot of attention.  I think you will like the Young Gun if you try it.  Sam has two other youth frame calls worked up that he offers as custom calls through the website.  We just don't see enough demand to justify several small frame calls in the main line.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

dlewis82nd

Gooserbat mouth calls: bacon, hillbilly, white lightning, heckler, pls, black magic 3 reed, black magic 4 reed, fancy, x rated.
Gooserbat friction: glass and slate

Knight and hale  hale fire gobble

dnd boogey man owl hoot.

Fyi im not a gooserbat staff member!!! Joey just introduced me to them and I love them! They are easy to run and very good priced, not to mention the birds love em too.

rafsobbob

Hey Joey can you swing a deal for some  free samples of calls for fellow HeadHunters  :happy0064: ;D

Bob
My Grace Card "I promise to pray for you everyday, ask for your forgiveness, grant you the same, and be your friend ............... forever"

Thomas6689

Quaker Boy Mouth calls the just wook good for me.