OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Hooks Crow Call???

Started by Hardtime_NC, March 03, 2011, 08:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardtime_NC

The wood one or the plastic one?

Thanks
Theres no dollar sign on a piece of mind!

shootumindaface

Its up to you, they are both realistic and blistering loud.. I really liked the osage one at the convention I was playing with

Hardtime_NC

Looks like it will have to be the wood one the others are sold out.

shootumindaface

Quote from: Hardtime_NC on March 06, 2011, 07:30:35 AM
Looks like it will have to be the wood one the others are sold out.
Sorry about that, this year has been really really good for the crow.. You can drop Scott a line and see when they will be available.. Or you can order through Midwest Turkey call Supply, they have the plastic one..

I will assure you the Osage one is plenty loud as evidenced of me sneaking up behind James Harrison at the convention sticking it in his ear and hammering down.. The look on James face was somewhat Scary LOL

Hardtime_NC

Ok thanks.  Oh yea that payback may not be good!

neal

I love my maple one! Go wood!! If you can find one!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Sittinonarock

I received my Hook's Osage Orange Crow call a few days ago. It is much louder than my other crow calls. I have only had a couple of opportunities to use it outside. I had several crows respond on both occasions and caw angrily from nearby trees. I guess that is the best review there is. Can't wait till Tuesday to try it in the turkey woods.