OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Franchi affinity

Started by turkey_slayer, January 10, 2013, 12:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeytromp

I've been looking at one of these 20ga. affinity guns in apg camo, very nice looking shotgun and shoulders perfect. I have the franchi 720 for my small game hunting and love it, I would think that the affinity with a indian creek .555 and hevi 7's or nitro's would be the ultimate ticket. Still thinking about it,have plenty of time.

870FaceLift

I bought one of the MO graphic kits for my black synthetic Affinity 20g.  I also posted a review of the kit in the product review section if you're interested.  Here's how she turned out.

Before:

After:

Waiting for Spring:

Pass it on...

honker22

People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

turkeytromp

Very well done Facelift that looks excellent!

I just back from the NWTF convention and I must say I will be going to my local franchi dealer and pick one of these little Affinity 20ga. shotguns up later this week for a secondary/backup turkey gun to my RR benelli SBEII TE gun.
I talked to 2 different affinity owners (not reps) currently setting theres up for turkey and were at the benelli/franchi booth and was totally amazed when they showed me the actual target patterns and hits at 40 they were getting with this gun in stock form, smooth even coverage patterns.
So here is what I've been told.....

It appears that there are two ideal key setups, one with the 26"bbl version, IC.555 choke and hevi 7's was producing an average 160's in a 10" 40yds at (1box)10 shots benched total.

The second setup is from the 24"bbl youth/womens version swapping the stock to accept the full size stock to get a 24"bbl "Turkey Toting killer" IC.555 choke Nitro 7's averaging 173's in a 10" @40yds. shooting (1box) 10 shots,this was also confirmed by mike ponder of indian creek chokes in all of our conversation regarding this new 20ga. affinity.

I tried to dial in my franchi 720 in the 150's and it's not going to happen as I have experimented with every choke/shell combo there is available for this gun and the best I was averaging was in the 130's and that was not hitting at point of aim as this gun shoots turkey loads for some reason 8-10" to the right. I dont want to drill and tap the receiver so I was counting on my truglo sights but they wouldn't adjust far enough to dial in poi and besides the vent rib is to low to get a good bite on. So i'm pretty stoked about this affinity!

honker22

Well guys, I finally got around to shooting the gun today.  I'm still waiting on all of my components to load up some TSS but I wanted to try some factory loads out of curiosity and to make sure POA/POI was on... It also makes me realize why I load my own. I shot fed hwt 7s, Magblends, and straight hevi 6s.  The Fed 7s are the only patterns worth showing. I couldn't touch 100 with the others.  I don't think this is the best choke for hevis, I chose an unported, more open choke bc I know I will be shooting TSS.

doublethink98

I know quite a few people are trying these guns out but has anyone found an aftermarket pistol grip Tact stock that will fit the 20ga Affinity?

turkeytromp

I just picked up my new 20ga 26"barrel affinity in the APG camo today  :z-guntootsmiley: I will be running nitro's, hevi 7 's , mag blends through IC .555 and a patternmaster .555

Also will be trying out some fed Hw-7's through a pure gold tempest .555 and .570 and will post some results as soon as better weather arrives.

joshua

I guess I just joined the brotherhood of 20 gauge killers. I bought me a Franchii affinity 20g. today. This thing feels like a winner. Probably shoot it Thur. or Fri. with some high brass game loads to break it in a bit.  I'm gonna run the IC .555 with Hevi 7's and magblends as soon as I can get a good day to shoot. Also looking for a tactical stock if anyone knows anything. I'll post back my reports later.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

honker22

Well I finally ran one of my TSS loads through her and she did just fine. This is a 1 5/8 oz load of TSS 9s.

joshua

Dusty, I posted a question for you on the other site. Is your POA on or did you have to adjust with the shims for the Affinity?
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Hayudog

Nice set up- Wouldn't guess there's too much more to get out of that rig. 

turkey_slayer

Nice pattern honker! I ended up getting a m2 American since I couldn't get my hands on an affinity. I did have to adjust my shims to get the poi lower. It's dead nuts now but I went ahead and shipped it to sumtoy today to have it drilled and tapped for a burris 336 mount