OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

fiber optic sights

Started by Turkey Terror, March 03, 2011, 04:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Terror

Went to Bass Pro the other day and got the Truglo Magnum Gobble Dot Pro Series sights for my 11-87. I had to take the plastic part off the bottom of them in order for them to fit on the rib. So ill probably put the rubber pieces under the sights before I install them. My question is, how far apart should the rear sight and the front sight be? It is a 28" barrel. Thanks
Colton

Turkey Terror

TTT

does someone offer their advice please?

BurrisOptics

I've never used those sights but as a rule of thumb you would want your sights as far apart as possible.  Longer sight radius is a good thing.

hookedspur

Quote from: BurrisOptics on March 09, 2011, 06:04:57 PM
I've never used those sights but as a rule of thumb you would want your sights as far apart as possible.  Longer sight radius is a good thing.
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TrophyTracker

Set them to the point that when you look through them, both are in focus. You don't want the rear to be blurry while the front is clear, and vice versa.
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

Reloader

Quote from: TrophyTracker on March 10, 2011, 12:11:01 AM
Set them to the point that when you look through them, both are in focus. You don't want the rear to be blurry while the front is clear, and vice versa.

Bingo.  You want them as far apart as possible, but be certain that you don't get the rear in a position where it blurs out on you.

Turkey Terror

ericjames

The ones I just bought said to put them around 20" apart

BIG10

Try this, Your eye can only focus on one plane at a time so I get my best results being a razor on the target until I see the sights come into the line just below the turkey's soon to be damaged noggin. Then quic
kly drift you focus to the front sight maintaining the silohoutte of the head. let the glowing dot come into level the refocus on ol tom, line up dot halos and shoot. Just like shooting a bow with a peep. Oh yeah you must keep your face firm on the stock or you will miss badly.

Ol'Mossy

I put mine where the beads were

Ruger M77

I have them on my 870 with a 28" barrel I have the front sight right up against the bead and the back sight 19 1/2" back and its dead on
I eat therefore I hunt