Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 w/Carlson's .690 choke Which lead load?

Started by BOSS HOGG LOU, December 22, 2012, 02:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOSS HOGG LOU

The best prices I have found for Hevi-Shot is around $20 for a box a 5 shells. I can get a 10 round box of Winchester HV or Double X loads in 3.5" for around $14-15. I'm not much into numbers, just nice even patterns. I have picked up a box of Double X 3.5" 2oz #6's already. Any experience with this choke and shotgun combo would help.
If Silence Is Golden, Why is Duct Tape Silver?

SumToy

Not that choke but alot of folks run a 670 to 675 in them guns and get nice patterns.  If I was going lead I would look at the Federal. That gun likes them.  :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

coyotetrpr

I have had good luck with Federal fcw 5s in chokes in the 690 range.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

mightyjoeyoung

FYI, Wal Mart carries the Win. HV stuff in 5's and 6's for around 12 bucks a box.  For those loads (Fed. or Win.), I would try to squeeze em down a tad tighter, say .680-.670.  I had the best luck for years with lead through my .680 Lohman Long Shot, unported tube and this year with the .670 Tru Glo Bone Collector choke.  Either one will put up high 150's/mid 160's with 6's. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.