turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 ga. Fed pre fc wad questions

Started by chad fenton, December 02, 2012, 02:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chad fenton

I have found a bunch of them in 4,5, and 6 maybe 15 boxes. More 4s than anything .They are in the old blue and gold box.  The othes are in newer mag shok boxes but say they have a triple something wad (cant remember exactly).

Question is how are the #4s.  May be able to get them cheap.  They look like they have been sittin there a long time.  All tbe boxes are faded and dust covered.  The sticker says $8.49.  But gonna see if they will sell them cheap to get them
off the shelf.

Oh yea they are gonna be for an 870. I am gettin my son for christmas.  I have just heard alot about the 12 ga shells being so good assume the same for 20.  Just not sure about the #4s though.  Maybe a little looser choke. they will work good.

SumToy

They will work BUT with the light loads you going to have LOW numbers.  If I was you I would keep them in 30 yards. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

R AJ

My experience with those shells is that it is much easier to get killing patterns with the 6s  in a 20 gauge. All of those loads have their niche for different game and this is a great opportunity to try some of each to determine the best load for your gun and choke combination.
The old blue/gold boxes do NOT have flite control wads in them.
In a 20 gauge, lead loads will generally have very good to excellent patterns out to 30 yards , acceptable to 35 yards and at 40 they begin to get somewhat iffy. Be sure to try the 40 yard distance after finding the best 30 yard pattern.
Thanks for bringing another youngster into the field.

surehuntsalot

I picked up several boxes of 4's and 5's last year from Rogers sporting goods and really like them both alot out to 35yds
it's not the harvest,it's the chase