OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Group Therapy

Started by Gobbling Buck, March 03, 2011, 12:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbling Buck

My wife thinks I am an idiot (most of the time) but especially this time of the year.  I make some new turkey calls, go through my vest....several times, put my vest on and sit in the floor (checking comfort and getting familiar with the location of everything), pattern my shotgun, spend a lot of money on things that I really don't need, scout for turkey sign, practice with all my calls, condition calls and try them again, etc.  She thought I was the only one that got this spring fever over turkey hunting......then I log on to OldGobbler and I say look baby......I AIN'T THE ONLY ONE LIKE THIS!!! ;D
So here's a heartfelt THANKS to all of you for being a great new support group for me. :groupwave:

Muskie03

Cheers to that one bud!
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

chatterbox

This place IS my therapy until NH's season comes in!

Boparks

If you could ever get your wife over to Nashville for the NWTF Convention on a Saturday.....She would know that there are many others with our "Condition"........40-50,0000 others.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

jshively

I hunt the Quantico base in Northern Virginia and you used to have to stand in line to see which units were available.  Usually you were in line for about 30 minutes - and there were days that I enjoyed the pre-hunt chatting as much if not more than the actual hunting.  Great group of guys!  You could learn a lot just listening to some of those veterans. :turkey2:

tjh24

Yep, I drive the wife and the dog crazy, practicing all my calling and watching turkey hunting videos, haha

Basser69

admitting you have a problem is the first step. Welcome to your support group

northwoodshntr

2 months out of the year I'm a turket hunting addict. The other 10 I'm in "recovery" which is really just code for "getting ready for next time."  What a great place to "recover"   :you_rock:

lmbhngr

I still have 2 mo. and I count down each day. Drivin` them nuts!

J Gilbert

I'm ready to get out there and knock a bird or two down myself  :z-guntootsmiley:

and as for driving the dog crazy, by now my labrador doesn't even open an eye when I start calling, and he's practically got his paw on me sleeping..

scoot12

Welcome to the therapy,  Yep I sit downstairs on my new gobbler lounger practicing my calling and tape recording it and my wife comes downstairs and looks shakes her head and calls me a nerd.  I just laugh and yelp and cutt louder.  Scoot

BrowningGuy88

My wife is good natured about it. She just tells everyone about planning events --- nothing between March 15 and April 30 --- Daman is gonna be turkey hunting.  :you_rock: :you_rock:    :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:

She really don't mind watching the hunting vids and scouting with me, but the call practice makes her get kinda huffy!