OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

PA Fall Hen

Started by silverspur, November 14, 2012, 10:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverspur

Took this fall hen in my home state of PA on 11/6/12.  She really did a lot of talking before she came in to the gun

Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

trkehunr93

Congrats!  Been out a few times here in VA for the early leg of our fall season but never got one to the end of the barrel.  We open back up Thanksgiving day and then resume for 4 weeks in Dec. then 2 weeks in Jan.

870BkWht

Congrats on the nice fall bird.  Im sure she will eat good.  I hunted a total of 8 days in WV for the 2 week season, but just couldnt get any to cooperate. 

Duke0002

Turkey Beard

Bet she's going to taste great! How are you going to cook her? I've got both of my fall hens ready to put into a brine (sliced breast) and then smoke/grill for my daughter's birthday Sunday!
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

silverspur

Cut breast into cubes, breaded or flour and or chicken wing sauce...good eating. Will deep fry her on 11/18/12
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

tomstopper

Quote from: silverspur on November 17, 2012, 04:42:29 PM
Cut breast into cubes, breaded or flour and or chicken wing sauce...good eating. Will deep fry her on 11/18/12
Congrats on the bird and after reading about your plans, I am getting hungry......

silverspur

Well this was the final product and I used Pancko Chipotle bread crums and they were great
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt