turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A change of heart ~ Devotion ~ 10/17/12

Started by lightsoutcalls, October 17, 2012, 09:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

This devotional is a followup on the devotional from last week on grace.  This is an issue that I believe far to few people have a grasp on.  I really like the way Dr. Youssef explains the difference between grace and living under the law.  I hope you will find practical application in this devotional as well.

The Spirit of the Law
By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

Some people say that the natural response to salvation by grace alone is something like this: "Now that I am saved by grace, I can break every one of the commandments." Anyone who believes and practices that is not saved. The Bible tells us so clearly that those who are saved by grace keep the law. They are not habitual lawbreakers.

Those who have experienced the love and the grace of God are not only going to keep the letter of the law, they are going to keep the spirit of the law. Those who receive the grace of God by faith alone and receive the Lord Jesus Christ into their lives not only don't kill, because that's what the commandment said, they do not hate, which is the first step that leads to murder. That is the spirit of the law. Those who have freely received the grace of God by faith alone, believing the Lord Jesus Christ, not only don't take revenge, they forgive those who hurt and despise them because they love their enemies. That's the spirit of the law.

Grace changes the heart. How, then, can a Christian who is saved by grace alone keep the spirit and the letter of the law? When you are saved by grace alone, the Holy Spirit of God comes to dwell inside of you and He empowers you to do the impossible.

Legalism imposes an outward code. It can never change our hearts and inner desires. Grace, on the other hand, provides the inner desire and the power to obey God.

If you want to live in victory and in power, receive the overwhelming grace and love of God today.

Prayer: God, thank you for Your grace and for changing my inner desires so that I want to live in obedience to You. Thank you for giving me the power to do so. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

"The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 1:14).

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

snoodlum

Duke0002

Excellent 2 devotions, Wendell.  I respond to the legalists, "The Gospel (grace) in you never causes you to sin.   :jesus-cross: