turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Grand is Over!

Started by allaboutshooting, August 20, 2012, 08:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

The Grand American Trapshooting Championship "The Grand" is over for another year. Shooters were up about 12% over last year and attendance topped 100.000 again this year.

The prize money was added to by $250,000 again this year and they added another special "after the Grand" prize of $50.000 this year just for the ladies, in addition to the winner take all $100.000 cash prize.

The weather was great with just 1 storm and we had the coolest days all summer for those 2 weeks.

In addition to all those folks over 1700 young people competed in the Scholastic Clays program the week before.

Lastly, the ATA announced that the Trap Shooting Hall of Fame will move to the World Shooting Complex and a new building will be constructed just for it.

If you ever have the opportunity, I'd urge you to visit Sparta, IL in early August for the largest shooting event in the world. It's really worth the trip.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

captin_hook

I'm gonna make it there someday Clark.

vaturkey

How did Doris & yourself do ?
Vaturkey

allaboutshooting

Quote from: vaturkey on August 20, 2012, 02:55:12 PM

How did Doris & yourself do ?

We need to shoot a lot more registered targets to qualify. We're just spectators currently.

Thanks,
Clark

budtripp

My one and only grand was in 1999 at the 100th anniversory while it was still in Dayton. I've given up registered shooting for the most part, but would still like to make it to Sparta someday.  :fud:

allaboutshooting

Quote from: budtripp on August 31, 2012, 10:45:39 PM
My one and only grand was in 1999 at the 100th anniversory while it was still in Dayton. I've given up registered shooting for the most part, but would still like to make it to Sparta someday.  :fud:

I hope you're able to make it there. It's quite a place with 3.5 miles of trap fields, not to mention the other venues.

Thanks,
Clark