turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NE or KS fall turkey hunting

Started by Chris, June 23, 2012, 09:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

I've hunted Eastern fall turkeys in PA and AR (back when AR actually had a season), but I would like to try NE and KS this fall. Hunted this past spring in both states with great success, but have no fall experience. Any advice, particularly when hunting fall Rio flocks?

fallhnt

Hunt both states.I go spring and fall.Advice....Calling turkeys is calling turkeys wherever you hunt.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

hitnmissngrin

Hunting turks in the fall in either KS or NE is pure joy.  You can learn alot such as how to  call hens closer, shooting runners, hunting on the edge of uncut corn fields and a variety of other situations that seldom or never happen in the spring.  Yesterday  i ended up 25 yards from the roosting tree with one hen sitting above me in the tree i'm sitting against.    All the hens flew across the creek.  For some reason, all the poults just walked down the tree branches single file all the way to the ground. The time was just before sun up so they all looked like rats following each other.  I have never seen that before.  The poult we enjoyed today was one of the most tender turkey meals we've ever eaten. By all means, go if you can!