turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Louisiana 2024

Started by lalongbeard75, April 16, 2024, 08:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lalongbeard75

Had a rough start to the La season. Lost 2 days with bad weather plus more people driving up and down the roads blowing in their kazoos(owl calls) than I think I've ever seen.
Was blessed to get it done in 6 hunts.

lalongbeard75

Tried to post the pics but won't allow it? Anyone know how to get pics to upload with iPhone? Thanks

squidd

Congrats!  As many real Owls that I've heard, I've never heard a turkey gobble to their call?? Might just be a FL/GA thing??

Have to save files in something other than jpeg.

I usually screenshot, then email the photo to myself and save to a file. 

This helps reduce size limitations as well.

lalongbeard75

Absolutely. Two separate "hunters" drove down the ridge trail all the way to the end I could hear their trucks. I was down in the creek bottom and heard them attempting an owl hoot crank up their trucks drive back to main road. I swear the next guy must have been waiting for the other guy to pull out he drove all the way to the end of the ridge did the exact same thing turned around and left. I was just sitting on a log contemplating the level of morons in the state of La when a gobbler ripped one off 30 min after the hooters left and dang near 50 yards from all the hooting lol. 10 min later 4 long beards walked up and I ended my La season. Them 2 hooters never knew those turkeys were in the state. Had they walked in and kept the kazoo in their pocket the gobblers probably would have gobbled on the roost. I keep telling them they are shutting them up before they even decide if they want to gobble ....but it's like talking to a brick.

I'll try and email the pics to myself  thanks

lalongbeard75

Number one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lalongbeard75

Number Two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Turkeybutt

Congratulations on getting it done.

JeffC

Congrats on tagging out!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

squidd

Blessed to be able to pick out two nice birds out of four!!  I'm usually happy to hear one gobble.

lalongbeard75

To be clear thats two different gobblers from two separate days. The first one was a long spurred 4yo I'm guessing. The second was in a group of loud mouthed 2 year olds.

tomstopper

Bottomland OG

Congrats on a fine pair of gobblers.

Ranman

3bailey3