OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Elite Hunter

Started by lmbhngr, March 01, 2011, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmbhngr

I`m not sure. I haven`t gotten a chance to shoot it yet. IBO is really no big deal to me my draw length is so short I never put up big speed anyway. The warranty is great, the draw is real smooth, and the stop is real good. That`s according to some guys who have tested it.

VAHUNTER

i agree.  you have stated the most important qualities of a bow
Good things come to those who wait

lmbhngr

Smooth draw is real important to me.  Up in a tree 20 degrees out it gets hard pulling that bow back. Almost like adrenaline works against you!

hankpot

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 09, 2011, 08:10:16 PM
Quote from: lmbhngr on March 09, 2011, 07:53:19 PM
319 - 323 fps
i have read a bunch on this bow. i have only found one thing that was said that throws a negative light on Elite. i just read this today on AT. it was that Elite does not come close to there IBO claim. but i do realize how AT works. it does not come close to to the truth posted on OG most of the time. is there any truth to this nasty rumor ???

This is true with the older elites. 09 and older are a bit exagerated, but the newer ones seem to be pretty much spot on.

GSLAM95

I have been an Elite dealer since they were introduced in 06, the 2011 Elite Hunter is smooth as silk on the draw, has a solid back wall and no vibration or kick to it on the shot.  I whitetail hunted with a Hunter last fall and will be turkey hunting with it this spring.
I tell everyone to shoot two or three brands of bows before buying no matter which brand or model they think they are interested in.  It's like trucks, calls and gun's folks there are many out there but they all appeal to us in a different way for whatever reason.
Good luck this spring no matter what you shoot.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

ohiomossyoak

[The only thing with the Elite bows..Is some ppl have trouble getting used to the grip...It took some time.But i finally figured out what worked best with my 2010 Z28..Other then that i dont feel elite can be beat PERIOD..But not everyone likes the same thing
"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo