OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20 Ga. 2.75" Lead 7.5's

Started by Spring Creek Calls, July 03, 2012, 02:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Creek Calls

Did a test pattern with my old 20 gauge Savage 220 w/polychoke at 20 yards. The 12 ga. was too much for my daughter so I thought I'd see how the 20 would run. Dialed her down to full and shot a 2.75" Winchester 7.5's at 20 yards. I was pretty amazed at the # of pellets in the 10" but also on how the pattern lined up diagonally across the target. Gonna get some more 7.5's and try it at 25 and 30 yards.

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

R AJ

I would like to see you try twisting it ever so slightly to the left and right and see if that diagonal pattern moves with it. I would also suggest trying #6s with that choke as it may surprise you on pattern but not as much on numbers. 80-100 in the 10 can be plenty enough to make kills.
Thanks for showing this.

TrackeySauresRex

Nice Pull box  :firefighter:..... Ooo, and the pattern and gun ain't bad either  ;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

captin_hook

It's nice to see a new type of shotgun and load in a pattern pic. I know I get so used to seeing patterns that blow our mind here on OG that it seems to be common. I can't wait till I get to work up a gun/load combo for my little girl ( now only 3 yrs old)..  Your pattern seems to be ok for killing at your range, but I'm sure with a little work and some range time you guys will be nothing but ready to jelly some heads out to 40.